Friday, January 16, 2009

Frozen Pipes

It was a frigid 1 degree here last night and it's supposed to be the same again tonight.

I left the water dripping just as I always do when ever the temp drops below 30* and our water still froze up solid.
Chris is gone back to work and I ask myself why? Why does everything wait until he has left to go all to heck?
I know nothing about water pipes. What if some busted? I'm just out of luck if they did.
Cross your fingers that there are no leaks once they thaw out. Pretty please.
In the meantime, no dishwasher, no cooking, no flushing the toilet!, no washing clothes, and no fresh sweet tea can be made. I guess we will order din-din from the store around the corner tonight and "wash" our hands with the free Purell hand sanitizer I got from CVS. That or see if the (one neighbor we even speak to) still has running water. I hate to bother them though, because they are all sick with the flu right now.

And speaking of Chris, I miss him so sorely. He is headed to Connecticut, I think? It's hard to remember because they changed where he was going at least a dozen times over the past 3 days.

I think I am just going to go sew something and try to relax. It could be much, much worse. And thankfully, this too shall pass. :)

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Hope your water problems turn out to be minor and you have a relaxing weekend.

Michelle said...

Our temps got down to -30* last night, with wind chills at -50*. I think this was a record breaker for us. It usually doesn't get this cold. BUT, I think temps are on the way back up. It is now 0.7* and supposed to be 40* by the end of the weekend.

If we are getting warmer, hopefully you are too, and your water will be back soon.
Take care!