Monday, March 02, 2009

Lunch and Dinner Ideas

Since I've got a good stockpile of food now I am looking for good lunch and dinner ideas.

Will you tell me some things that you make for lunches and dinners at your house?
What are some of the staples you make on a regular basis?

I'm looking for things that aren't incredibly labor intensive on prep time.
Nothing too fru-fru or fancy. Just down home type dinners.
I will not fix anything that calls for such an extravagant ingredient that I have to run all over my podunk town looking for it.

Cook time doesn't matter though.

Some staple things I make are:
Salmon patties with mashed potatoes (with or w/out gravy), corn and peas.
BBQ pork sandwiches with hand cut steak fries.
Crock pot beef stew.
Fish sandwiches with side salad.
Fried chicken, Stove Top, and green beans.
Chili cheese hotdogs and fries.
Chicken fajitas and steamed veggies.
Steaks with baked potato and a veggie.
Baked chicken, rice and beets.
Spaghetti & meatballs, side salad, garlic bread.
stir-fries (various types)

In the summer I incorporate more fresh veggies like turnip/kale greens, squash, etc.

Beyond that I am feeling limited and don't want to search all over the internet for ideas. So, help me out please. Help me expand my menu.

.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´★*¨¨*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆Kristie★*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆

4 comments:

TexNan said...

First of all, try this lady's blog: http://www.myfirstkitchen.net/blog/
She has some cool recipes. One I intend to try soon for lunch is her bean soup. http://www.myfirstkitchen.net/blog/2009/1/28/white-bean-soup-with-croutons.html
Looks awfully easy and sounds delish.

My fave easy thing is cheap too. Hub calls it The Stuff that's Not Spaghetti. For two, you need:
Ground Meat
1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
3/4 c. water
1 pkg. ramen noodles, minus seasoning
Mozzarella cheese

Just brown enough meat to satisfy you and yours, then drain. Add the sauce, the water and ramen noodles, all broken up. Cook over medium high heat for maybe 5 min. Sprinkle with mozzarella, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes more. Voila!

Paperprincess34 said...

One of our favorites are those lil smokey hotdogs (You know, the tiny ones) wrapped in the canned type biscuts. Just pinch off a piece of the bisicut and wrap it around the hot dog and then bake them till the biscut parts are golden brown. Sometimes we have it with just green beans, sometimes with mac and cheese. To make the mac and cheese I use the medium shell mac and cheese wiz. Throw some butter in and its sooooooo good.

Jean said...

LOVE you pics. Tag you are it! See rules at www.jeansjems.com. I thinking of some good recipes for ya too.

Wendys recipes said...

Kristie I have an entire blog that is just for recipes if you want to check it out, its www.uniquesouthernrecipes.blogspot.com

Not sure if you can get to it from the other blog or not, but I got a slew of recipes on it that you are welcome to read about. Would love to hear some of your ideas as well, cause I love to cook!!