Friday, June 26, 2009

A post for myself.

All controversy aside, I was a huge fan of Michael Jackson growing up. His music got me through some rough pre-teen and teenage crap.

I begged and pleaded with my parents to get me tickets to go see him in concert when he came within 100 miles of my house.

It was 1984 and he came to Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, TN.
The tickets were $50 a piece back then and our family was dirt poor. Still, somehow my parents scraped the money together and I was able to go. I saw him on August 9th, 1984 during his last of three appearances in Knoxville.

I remember to this day that I was dead center of the floor in row 3. I was 11 and a half years old and I enjoyed the concert immensely. Little did I know then that every other concert I would attend after that, (New Edition, The Jets, just to name a couple) would pale in comparison!

Like a lot of other fans I wallpapered my bedroom with his posters, bought every new song that came out, learned all the words to each and every one. I read every article about him that I could get my hands on. I was the typical die hard giddy girl fan.

After I met Chris I outgrew my obsession with the pop icon and got on with my life. I can't even tell you what happened to all my memorabilia. I suppose my mom threw it all away. Still I was saddened yesterday when I heard he passed away.

I was sad because it just didn't seem like it was his time. Sad because a piece of my childhood is gone forever. Sad for his children, his sisters, brothers, and his parents. Sad that his life ended so suddenly without any chance for a goodbye.

That is why I have chosen the following song to serve as my own personal way to pay my respects and remember the good times. In a way this song seems like a fitting way for him to say goodbye and for his fans to say goodbye to him as well.


.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´★*¨¨*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆Kristie★*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆

No comments: