Monday, April 06, 2009

This kept me up ALL night.

I was up all night making this but it was so worth it! I couldn't decide if I wanted it to be a pillow or a wall hanging, and then it hit me, why can't it be both?

So I attached a button and hole on the back to help secure the pillow form inside ...

then I added the loops for when I want to use it as a wall hanging.

It's supposed to be what is called rag quilting. The edges of the squares will get really fluffy once I wash it but I couldn't wait to share the pictures. lol Just try to mentally picture them fluffy for now.

And Ryan, if you are seeing this and thinking "total NOOB!, that is SO easy" lol let me just say I am NOT a quilter. God gave me many talents and I can do just about anything I set my mind to but this is not my specialty. So, I stuck to a simple block pattern and am really happy with it all the same. =) How did I do for my first re-try in several, several years?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey Kristie! That pillow is ADORABLE! Did you forget to add it in that box of stuff you sent me? Ha ha... I like the fabrics you picked out. I have never tried rag quilting before.

That pillow would look great hung on a door instead of using a wreath!

I got the box of loot today, but have to go through it. I'll wait for Rowan to get home and have him help me set everything out to take pictures for the blog.

Paperprincess34 said...

Very AWESOME! I love it!

BTW my package came today. Thank you sooooo much. It brought a tear to my eyes... my over emotional pregnant self lol. Thanks so much. I love it all.

Mama said...

Love it! Way cute.