Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Crumbled under the pressure.

So, last night Alex was looking through fabrics online with me. (I NEVER thought that sentence would come from my mouth- or fingertips as the case may be.) But anyway he was, and he found these fabric coordinates that he really liked.
You know where this is going, don't you?
He is just dying for his mommy to make him his very own quilt. Queen size no less! AHH. NOOOO, but...why me?! lol Yep, I caved. I'm such a wuss when it comes to my boys. Can I still call them boys? Alex is 21 afterall!!

Don't think I didn't try to talk him into making it himself. I even showed him Ryan's blog and tried to inspire him. It didn't work. He is too afraid he will mess up. Doesn't care that I would be there to help every step of the way with my own quilting know-how (that we all know would fit in a thimble with room to move around, LOL) but nevertheless I offered and encouraged to no avail.

I did a lot of thinking and am pretty sure I know a couple of ways to make this one less stressful and that is the only reason I agreed to it. So the fabric has been ordered, the batting ordered, the backing ordered as well. Now all I need are a few more spools of thread and to choose a fabric for the border. I've already invested well over $100 on this "little" project. Why do I punish myself so? Oiy vey, y'all!

.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´★*¨¨*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆Kristie★*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆

No comments: