Monday, April 13, 2009

The Christmas Quilt is Finished!

Yeah, yeah, I know it's spring but since quilting isn't my area of expertise I figured that if I messed up too badly that at least we would only have to see the thing once a year! lol
I worked on this one and finished in two evenings. It's lap blanket size, or what you might call over-size crib blanket.

I'm real happy with how it turned out but I don't think I'll take on another project of this size. It was a LOT of work. I think I'll stick to wall banners and table runners.
My oldest son Alex loves quilts and wants me to make him one in queen or king size. I told him I love him but, happen not gonna. I'd be pulling my hair out by the roots!

DS Alex, A.K.A one who is waiting for me to give him a haircut.



Of course I had to put my signature tag on it. Don't want anyone else claiming they made this when I'm dead and gone. lmbo. =)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´★*¨¨*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆Kristie★*¨☆¨★*☆★*¨¨*☆

2 comments:

scrapper al said...

I think you need to make Alex a quilt. What a wonderful gift it would be!

Ryan said...

Great quilt Kristie! I love scrappy holiday quilts. They are a great way to bust through your stash and use all those neat novelty prints you've been hanging on to. You did a wonderful job!

Where did you get your labels? Did you print them on that fabric paper? I haven't been brave enough to try that myself.

That quilt block postcard is a gift to you. You can use it however you wish. I keep a lot of scraps and those are a great way to use them up! Make sure you send me a picture of what you make!