Thursday, November 13, 2008

I am so happy about my latest creation!!!

This was my first time making a Christmas stocking and I am very pleased with how it came out. I designed the template for it myself by drawing it free handed. That may sound easy since it is a stocking shape, but it is a bit harder than you'd think. lol
I did the edges in what is called rag quilting because I was going for a soft primitive look. After a quick trip through the washing machine and the dryer the edges fluffed right up.

I put a prim tag on it. On one side I stamped Christmas Blessings, and on the other side I stamped December 25th, as you can see above and below.

I tied a ribbon on that says Warm Holiday Wishes and also added the matching miniature stocking which I put on with a safety pin. The miniature stocking has a holly leaf, a real miniature candle, and two little candy cane accents.
When I decided to try making a Christmas stocking it was because I thought I might try making one for my stocking swap partner, but now that I see the finished product I don't think I can let go of it. Maybe I will try to make another one for her. lol
My sewing machine is quickly become one of my favorite tools in my craft room!
I hope you've enjoyed my pictures. :)



No comments: