Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Spool Albums


Have you ever seen these? They are made by altering empty ribbon spools. I've heard them called spoolies too.
This is one I made in a love theme cause I am all about the love baby! lol
They are tons of fun to make! For me the most time consuming part was cutting out all the circular pages. The reason it took so long is because one page is made up of three circles. (for example: to make 10 pages I have to cut out 30 circles. -Two patterned papers and a chipboard center.) I wanted the pages to be strong and so that's why I did it that way. Another reason for the time consumption is because I don't yet own a Wishblade! One day I will though. You just wait and see. ;)

Part of what you can't see from my pictures here are all the numerous little embellishments that I have scattered throughout the pages. There are charms -most of which were easily attached on to the binder ring that holds the book together. There are also sticker quotes, rubons and things of that sort.

If you're the type that likes to alter things or like me you LOVE making mini books, then I think you would really enjoy making one of these. After I made my first one I was addicted and have since made about 8 of them. Give it a try. If you have any questions you know where to reach me. Smiles!

Click on picture to see it larger.

1 comment:

SherryBee said...

Oh, WOW! I love this! I've never heard of this before...do you have a link to the directions for something like this?
I'm 'really' new at all this paper creation stuff, but, LOVE it!