Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sitting by the Fireside.

My DS Alex took these pictures yesterday and I wish you could see them IRL. The detail in the fire/flames/ash is so amazing! I knew I had to scrap them. Caleb was sitting watching the fire. Can you believe it was warm enough to be outside on a January day?! I don't know that I did such a great job on the LO, but the pictures sure are beautiful so that makes up for it.

I like these kinds of LOs that are self explanatory. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind to journal. I can take the simplest topic and write up a book on it. LOL But sometimes it is nice just to create a LO and go with the flow when no "report" is necessary. KWIM?

Anywho...I use three different lines of stamps for my title. (Sitting) is Fontwerks, (by the) is Making Memories magnetic letter stamps, and (Fireside) is Technique Tuesday Tall Timberline letters that I stamped over some orange patterned paper and colored in flames using my black Slick Writer.
I have sooo any stamp sets that I have vowed to USE them this year. I am really bad for pulling out pre painted chipboard and sticker letters because, lets face it, it's MUCH faster and zero mess. LOL I have this thing... I hate getting out the stamping block, ink pad, sorting through the letters, getting all the letters stamped on -CROOKED! Then cleaning the stamps and putting them away. WHEW. It makes me tired just thinking about it! The only great thing about stamps is that they are non consumable. LOL

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love this! And I think the stamped title looks great (especially the "firside" with the flames)! I like it when I don't have to journal too. ;)