Thursday, October 23, 2008

Cookies for Santa



The idea for these came to me when I was thinking about when I was a child at Christmastime. It was important to me that we didn't forget to leave cookies out for Santa. The same can be said today for many households, I'm sure.
Then it hits me. I can bring back a little of my childhood memories by decorating my entire Christmas tree in cookies!
Of course I am older now and so are my boys. They are too "mature" for all those fun kiddie Christmas things like baking real cookies to leave out for the man in red, so this is the next best thing.
I think small kids would also love to see a tree decorated all out in cookies too. Provided of course that they fully understand that these are not to be eaten! They are for Santa, after all. They even have tags that say so! =)


If you're interested...I did make a FEW extras to list in my shop. I'm only willing to part with 10 of them. They are sold separately and once they are all gone I will not be listing any more, just so you know. Of course they are made of salt dough and they will last for many, many years as long as they are kept away from moisture.

No comments: