Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Kinda funny, kind of sad.

I can't believe that I'm going to admit this but maybe it will give some of you a good laugh...

First let me remind you that Chris works a LOT. He is typically only home for 4-5 days out of an entire month.
He wasn't able to be home for any of the major holidays or any of the birthdays in our family.
By some miracle he was sent home on June 15th, and so for the first time in what seemed forever he was still home for Father's Day on the 17th.

Well, the 17th passes and so did the 18th and 19th. In all honesty we were a bit astonished that he hadn't been called back to work by now.
Anyway, I don't know where our minds were! At about 3am on the eve of June 20th it hits me like a ton of bricks that -YESTERDAY was our wedding anniversary and we both COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT IT!!!! I mean HOW did that happen? June 19th was our 19th anniversary. That should have been easy to remember! LMBO
This has never, ever happened before.

I guess there really is a first time for everything. It's so sad yet so funny at the same time.

I think we both forgot because he's not used to being home and I'm not used to him being here either. He was away at work on our last two anniversaries and we must have gotten out of the "habit." And as "luck" would have it, he was called in to work the very next day on the 20th so we weren't even able to go out for dinner and pretend like we remembered. LOL

Chris knows I love him. I don't need a special dinner or a fancy gift any way. I know that forgetting the day doesn't mean we don't care. I know that I am loved. Heck I'm spoiled to bits!!
Happy belated 19th anniversary to us. This is me raising my glass and looking forward to 19 more. :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww...that's kind of a cute story. It just shows how strong your love is - it's not even necessary to emphasize anniversaries. Happy belatd 19th anniversary to the two of you! 19 years is a long time and I still think you should go out on a nice dinner date =)