Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Welcome Fall

Every fall when I start to feel that first chill in the air I get an overwhelming desire to make an afghan. I'm not sure why I get this urge, but I've learned to just roll with it, embrace it. :)
There's just something so comforting and relaxing about snuggling up on my sofa with a cup of coffee and working on a lap afghan.

I decided on a block pattern afghan this time. As with all block type quilts every square has to be made individually and it has to be perfectly square stitch for stitch. The slightest miscount or miscalculation will throw the whole afghan off.
It's a pattern that I tried when I was younger and less experienced. I tried to make an afghan like this only to find out that the squares would not line up when I went to stitch them together.
This time I've got experience on my side and all of my squares are coming out perfectly. YAY


One thing I absolutely love about this design is that I can make it larger later on if I decide to.
So, maybe it will be a lap size this year and next fall I have the option to make it even larger.

The pictures here are just a sampling. I'm nowhere near finished. At this point it is only 4 squares wide and about 4 ft. long, and it is so very much prettier in real life.
The manufacturer calls these colors natural and true taupe. I call them coffee and creamer. :) I'm enjoying ever minute of it. Just thought I'd share what I'm up to lately.

No comments: