Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hello Again, Roxboro

Before you go thinking my screws are loose just remember I told you in an earlier entry that we might be making the trip - Again. And well, we did.
It isn't often that we are allowed to do this. It's normally against company policy BUT the company wasn't able to give Chris his requested vacation time so this is the deal they cut. Family allowed to accompany him this time. They pay for the room.
Anyway,...
We've been here 4 days and 3 nights so far, and we could be here as long as two weeks. We're just playing it by ear. If the kids get too bored and whiney I'll have to head homeward. lol

The sky is completely cloudy and rained a lot the past couple of days. Luckily it was clear for the most part today so I took Alex, Caleb, and Vivian out to drive around town and get a feel for where we are and what's around us.
We found one totally AWESOME place that has bowling, roller skating, a huge arcade area, a diner, billiards (with a small pub off to one side for the adults), and a movie theater, all under one roof. I wish we had something like that in our town.
The only down side is that nothing opens until after 4pm and everything closes by 10pm. The hours for each place are different for different days and that makes it even more confusing. Besides that there is absolutely nothing else to do in this town. The Walmart even closes at 8pm! And yes, it's a Super WM. I think that's strange but...

The kids have been taking advantage of the pool (when it's not raining and cold outside), and we bought UNO cards, some dice and other stuff for them to play with. That has helped them not be too bored while Chris sleeps during the day. (He works 3rd shift here.)
And me, well I've been surfing the net because it's about all I can do in a dark room. LOL

The mini fridge and drawers are stuffed with snacks and drinks. Thankfully this motel keeps cookies, fruits, and all kinds of drinks available throughout the day so, that also helps. I've eaten more bananas, apples, oranges, and pears in the past four days than I've had all year. I'm glad I am hot chocolate intolerant because I am sure I would have drank a gallon of that by now. It's also available 24/7 in the dinning area.

I guess that's all the rambling for now. I think I will go sit by the pool just to see a bit more sunlight before it gets dark again. Tah tah for now.

No comments: