Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Day 9...

in Roxboro.

We've pretty much settled into a schedule of sorts but it isn't easy with Chris having to sleep during the day. We usually have some reason to go to town, (food, buy more TP, laundromat, etc.) so that is good and gives Chris a quiet room for a while. The kids have spent so much time in the pool that I think they are finally burned out on water. lol

I laughed when I typed (go) to town. We only have to cross the street to go to Walmart, Radio Shack, Arby's , and a few other places. It's going to be hard to go back home where the drive to town takes half an hour and it soo curvy! It's an exhausting drive. So much so that one trip to town a week is about it. You keep lists of what you really need and you best not forget anything. Too far and too expensive (fuel) to go back once you are home. But, I do love my big yard and my privacy. Like everything else in life there are pros and cons to both.

As for me, I've been working on a block style patch work afghan. It's turning out so beautiful but I have hit a dead halt until I get back home. I've run out of the yarn I was using (natural and true taupe) and the Walmart here doesn't have any. The next closest WM is over 30 miles away. I can't wait to take a picture and show you what it looks like so far. It's about to kill me not to be able to work on it any more. I had sewn all my squares together and it was really coming together nicely.

I can tell that the kids are starting to get a little tired of being here but I have commited to staying until at least Sunday. That's 4 more nights. Hopefully they can find things to passify themselves and not get whiney. Viv is the one that has been mentioning leaving the most, and inquiring, "What day did you say you want to leave?" Little hints like that. But in my defense I told her beforehand that this wasn't going to be a thrill or an adventure. She knew what she was getting in to.

I think that's all for now. The natives are getting hungry... :)

No comments: