Saturday, August 04, 2007

Stranger Than Fiction!

Do you have your favorite beverage handy? No? Well go get it. I'll wait. This is too strange to miss!

We live in a very rural area where life is quite and most people still don't lock their doors at night.
Being the insomniac family that we are it's not unusual for our front door to be standing wide open till around 4AM. We don't have central air so we have this HUGE fan that sits at the doorway to bring in the cooler night air. It's our life saver on these hot nights.

Anyway...last night at 3AM our dogs went into a barking frenzy. Turns out there was a man standing on our porch yelling for us. Never seen this guy before in my life. So, Alex went out to see what the heck was up. Turns out it was two men, a woman and a little girl about the age of 6. They said they "were up the road a piece and were 'coon huntin' when their dogs took off on'em." He went on to say that the dogs were somewhere in our woods and wanted to know if it was ok for them to go on back and retrieve them.
Well, I was indisposed in the bathroom during all of this ruckus. (blushes) So Alex told the guy, "Um...OK, whatever!"

So for the next half hour Alex sat on the porch watching out to make sure they weren't just there to steal stuff or something. I think* the woman and the little girl waited in the car. Looking out my window I could see flashlights bobbing and weaving through the woods. Every dog in the neighborhood was barking non stop.

Luckily they were only back there for half an hour. Then the man came back on the porch to tell us that they got their dogs and "Caught a 'coon too!"

Isn't that just ODD?!?!
They never apologized for the intrusion or for the the hour in which they came out of nowhere. It was like nothing odd at all to them. So strange! THE strangest thing that has ever happened in the 10 years that we've lived here.

I don't know what to think! I just stand with my mouth open with questions, but the words won't come out. I keep thinking What the heck? 3am? And WHO exactly are you? lol

All's well that ends well I guess. Still just thinking ....HUH? Scratching head and trying to make sense of what happened.

The End. :)

1 comment:

scrapper al said...

I guess you're not the only insomniacs in the neighborhood.