Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Birthday update

So we went to Smokey Bones and we all got the all you can eat baby back ribs, and they were DELICIOUS!
I've had fall off the bone good ribs before but these were not only fall off the bone but also soft as warm butter to eat. The perfect balance of smoky flavor, not dry at all, and just lip smackin' good.

I was a little hesitant to get the all you can eat because I thought it would be one of those things were you get your initial plate and then you never see your waitress again, if you KWIM?
That was not the case at all. We got our first plate with everyone's side dishes and first batch of ribs, not 5 minutes passed before she approached the table with a large platter piled high with more ribs. She placed it in the center of the table and all feasted like kings. lol

By the time we got to the bottom of the platter we were all stuffed and happy. The waitress came back and asked us if we were ready for another platter. I was very impressed and pleased to see that they were the real deal and not stingy with the ribs at all. Of course we all agreed that we couldn't hold another morsel.

We walked out of there with two sacks full of rib bones. lol I gave a couple to Faith, our pug, and the rest I put in the crock pot with some wild garlic to make a soup stock out of. I'll probably freeze the stock, give Faith the bones, and make a hearty stew at a later time. It sure does smell divine in my kitchen right now.

So that's my update on Chris's birthday. He loved his new goodies for his grill and later today he wants to make a rotisserie chicken, ( I knew he would!) and then he has to leave back out for work again. BOO! He only got to be home 2 days after being gone 3 weeks. I'm not ready for him to leave. Business really picks up in the summer and as thankful as I am that he has such a good paying job, it still comes with a price. Sometimes it feels like we've traded in our marriage for more money. Well, at least that's how I feel sometimes.

I got off topic there, but I know there are a lot of wives that can identify with this situation. At any rate all went well and at least he was able to be here for his birthday. That was a blessing in and of itself. :) Nite all!

No comments: